Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011...My First Post!!

Good Morning!

I'm excited to finally have a medium to unlease my delicious musings unto the world! I have cooked for years, following the inspiration of my father, who managed to provide gourmet meals every night when I was growing up. I can still envision my mother by his side, sternly ordering us to "Sit down and eat our peas!" It is because of them that even through college, I regularly prepared my own delicious meals and intellectually devoured any cooking book, magazine, show, and blog I could find. For the past year or so, I have found that I have a wealth of recipes and ideas, but I cook the same things every week! Sit Down and Eat Your Peas is a tip-of-the-hat to my parents for raising a devout Foodie and an attempt to encourage me to expand my culinary horizons!

Photography is another passion of mine, that I consistently take part in by taking every photo on this site. I aim to make the food look as good as it tastes!