Sunday, August 28, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip, Cheese, and Bread? Um Yes Please?!

Ok, friends! This past week I had promised The Roommate that I'd try an idea she saw on Closetcooking.com Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese, so this weekend it was obvs time to pay up! Of course, she doesn't like cheese..so she just wanted bread and buffalo chicken...but I still love the enthusiasm. And I definitely love having someone to bounce my ideas off of! This recipe can be done with any shredded cooked chicken, just as buffalo chicken dip. I didn't have any cooked chicken so I dusted 7 chicken tenders with Emril's Essence (because I have some pre-made all the time. Good.Decisions!) and pan seared them in olive oil for about 3 min a side. Then, because I'm far too impatient to wait for them to cool and shred the chicken, I diced it. I came out with about 2c of shredded chicken. With that in mind....

Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Sandwich 3-4 servings


     2c shredded chicken
     2 1/2 Tbsp hot sauce
     1/4c Mayonnaise
     1 1/2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing
     1/2c celery, diced
     2 Tbsp red onion, diced finely
     blue cheese crumbles
     shredded (or sliced) cheddar cheese
     sliced bread

In medium bowl, mix chicken, hot sauce, mayo, ranch, celery, and red onion. I, of course, used a broiler to melt my shredded cheddar and blue cheese, but you could easily make a grilled cheese on the stove-especially with slices. I used about 1/4c shredded cheddar and 2 Tbsp blue cheese crumbles for my broiler sandwich. It would probably be equivalent to two 1/4" slices of cheddar and the same amount of crumbles. Just toast as you would a regular grilled cheese with the buffalo chicken "dip" in the middle. 

I also devoured the quick-make dip on celery sticks, trying my best to keep my fingers out of the bowl. The roommate seemed to be quite thrilled with the outcome, I mean she tore herself away from the seat-gripping episode of Teen Mom she was watching. So I can only assume I met expectations...



I also had a thought that this would probably be tasty as a dressing/topping on a salad of fresh greens if you wanted to fake some healthy...I'll definitely be trying this plan...